The foundation for everything at Kore Kids preschool is the development of social and emotional learning, which serves as a base for life-long learning and development. Each month of the school year revolves around a social and emotional theme that is integrated into literacy, math, science, art and music. This is a whole child preschool.
Monthly Themes Unique Me (Self-awareness) Friendship
Growth mindset Bravery (trying new things)
Monthly Themes Problem-solving Creativity and Imagination
Monthly Themes Empathy Gratitude Generosity (giving and sharing)
What makes us unique?
- Our focus on CHARACTER and skill development related to Emotional Intelligence
- Our exploration of NATURE to accomplish and learn about literary, scientific and mathematical concepts. (We plan to go outside every single day! –extreme weather permitting)
- We PLAY to learn!
Our main goals:
- Learn how to make and maintain friends.
- Learn to love learning!
- Learn to explore, find beauty, ask questions and HAVE FUN!
- Be creative!
Learning strategies that I believe in and employ:
- Hands-on learning
- Developmentally appropriate learning
- Project-based learning
- Brain-based learning
- Whole process thinking
(which may change based on needs of children)
Daily Morning Meeting: 10 minutes
Interactive reading: 20 minutes
Literacy workshop: 30 minutes
STEM workshop: 30 minutes
Free play: 30 minutes (as an explorative extension of STEM activities!)
Art workshop: 20
Closing Circle Time: 10 (Interactive reading, music)