- EQ parents discuss their faults openly with their children.
- EQ parents help their children cultivate friendships.
- EQ parents spend 15 minutes or more with their children in unstructured play or activities.
- EQ parents hold regular family meetings.
- EQ parents teach their children to physically relax as a way to cope with stress, pain or anxiety.
- EQ parents believe every problem has a solution.
- EQ parents take time to find the humor in everyday life, including problems.
“When parents offer their children empathy and help them to cope with negative feelings like anger, sadness, and fear, parents build bridges of loyalty and affection.”John M. Gottman, Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child
Want to learn more?